Miyerkules, Hulyo 11, 2012

Vangie

I got my very first question as an explorimentation master (naaaaaks, shet!) a few days back from a friend I will name, for the purpose of this entry, Vangie (because in real life, she likes Vangies... if you know what I mean).

Screencap of M's text message
A brief background on Vangie: She's been my friend since 2007. I've reconnected with her just a few weeks ago and found out that she's recently broken up with her long-distance AND long-term girlfriend. Yup, you read that right. She is a girl who just happens to be gay and full of sunshine.

When I first met Vangie, I was in a lesbian relationship of my own (yes, I am bisexual), so we had a lot of similar experiences. I have since embraced a straight lifestyle after ending that very tumultuous episode of my life while she has continued on with her alternative preference. Our similar experiences do not end there, however, as I discovered a few weeks ago when we had brunch (peg: Ladies who Lunch), we broke up with our partners (she with her girlfriend, and me with my then-boyfriend) at around the same time. 

So now here she is, asking me for some advice on how to get the one up from her previous relationship by getting to know new people and expanding her social horizon. Being the explorimentator that I am, and having gone through my own share of relationships (naaaaaaaks again), I agreed to give her some advice. Vangie was very specific. She wanted tips on how to work a bar, specifically hook up with a girl. Mind you, Vangie is pretty and a great conversationalist, so I really don't know why she still has to ask me for advice. Hehe. Her main concern was how to pick up girls when you're a girl yourself. I've actually never picked up a girl myself, but I'm guessing it goes by the same principles as a guy picking up a girl, but with a little more sensitivity. 

I've thought of so many different tips I can give her but ended up with only one. Vangie, just be yourself. You don't have to pretend to know everything about hooking up with another girl. Just be your quirky self and I'm sure that in no time, you'll get to know a girl you might someday call your own. Don't act too tense. Put your guard down a bit (and I mean only a bit, as who knows who you might end up meeting in a bar. It still pays to be careful), let loose, and most importantly, have fun. Don't be afraid of failing on your first try. There will always be someone out there, maybe in a different bar, willing to strike up a conversation somewhere.

Explorimentator (blogger) virgin no more,



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento